Wednesday, December 7, 2011

G15 Hybrid Pros And Cons

The Ping G15 Hybrid is made for hitting the golf ball higher. It is designed to be super forgiving and give the golfer an alternative to the long and mid irons. This Ping G15 Hybrid is made with a very large internal toe pad that helps to expand the perimeter weighting. This makes is more forgiving than other hybrid clubs that Ping has introduced on the market. The hosel is designed to put the center of gravity closer to the face to help reduce the spin and increase the launch angle.

OUR TESTERS SAY ABOUT PING G15 HYBRID
PROS:
 Higher-handicappers who typically slice should like the Ping G15 Hybrid because its offset gives the face more time to close; many testers comment that these are straight-shooters; repeatable, high ball flight due to significant sole weighting and offset; head-heavy feel during the swing fosters a smooth tempo; stable sensation through impact; the Ping G15 Hybrid produces good shots from challenging lies— it gouges the ball out of thick grass.
CONS: The aesthetics are a big drawback—the extreme offset, long face and top line make it difficult to get comfortable with the PingG15 Hybrid at address; a few panelists experience harsh feel on poor contact, and find that it isn't quite as directionally forgiving as you'd expect.

I demoed the Ping G15 Hybrid 20 degree with the stiff the shaft. I hit long and strait from the get go. I love the look and feel of the club at address. I have an old cheap 17 degree driving iron that I use to crush until I reshafted the Ping G15 Hybrid. The g15 had the same look and feel. I don't even carry any fairway woods or hybrids in my bag, just that old driving iron. Now the next time I play I will have a new club in my bag, the Ping G15 Hybrid stiff THC graphite hybrid! 20 degree of course with plans to get more! I plan to take this club into the 80's consistently! 
I also love my Ping G15 Hybrid 20 degree hybrid. I bought it last fall to replace my 3 iron. The club makes a great difference for me. I have hit some phenomenal shots with it - it is just sweet how softly the ball lands. Last week, I hit the ball to about 4 feet from the pin out of the rough from 200 yards out... I don't think I could have made it with another club.

No comments:

Post a Comment