Friday, December 30, 2011

About Ping G20

  Yes, technology in golf clubs has come a long way. Before I talk about those clubs let me mention potential options to make sure you’ve explored. Have you looked at golf schools? Do you own any golf training aids or golf swing trainers? The Momentus swing trainer is a good, but reasonably priced swing trainer. I know that you don’t want to have to build your own putting green, but have you used golf net to practice your shots?

  I throw out these ideas because, in my opinion, the golf clubs are only going to help so much. There are three golf drivers I like that testing has shown really do help with the banana hook, but they won’t eliminate your fade or slice altogether. Ask yourself what are the golf lessons or swing tips that have helped me the most and how can I reinforce them the most consistently. That, combined with a new driver can possibly make a big difference in your slice.

  Now the three “slice reducing” drivers that I like are the Callaway Big Bertha 454 High Trajectory, The Tour Edge Bazooka JMax Carbon 460, and the TaylorMade r5 Dual Type D. I have hit all three of these and like the way they feel. There is a good review of these clubs and a few others in the July edition of Golf Digest magazine, but you can probably find review of these or others online at any of the golf magazines. Testing results show a number of these clubs that will result in somewhere between 15 to 20 yards less rightward movement.

  But again, as good as technology has gotten, I believe that golf is still a game that you can’t buy a consistent score. You still need to figure out what works for you to reinforce whatever works for you. And it’s the “whatever works for you” that is the key to your golf swing!

  I tested the Ping G20 Driver 9.5 degree with a Ping TFC 169D stiff shaft. The Ping G20 Driver was touted as the latest game improvement driver by Ping. Funny enough this new driver features a titanium alloy head, which is lighter than most drivers, yet is still heavier than the G15. The Ping G20 Driver head design is unique however, which features an extremely low and back center of gravity to create a higher launch, lower spin and improved accuracy on off-center hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment